Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya - incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 - and all KCB's regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group's capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group's operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
- Manage a broad range of sources of current market information and data, including undertaking and managing periodic aspects of economic market investigations.
- Tracking Macro-economic trends encompassing economic growth, inflation, exchange rates, interest rates, monetary trends, government finances, public debt, and current account positions.
- Support in forecasting critical macroeconomic variables, and analyzing and characterizing future markets by assessing the current market size/growth, dynamics, key players, etc.
- Undertake industry risk rating reviews as required for the various industries through collecting and analyzing data based on the parameters being reviewed and also provide an outlook for each industry.
- Tracking of commercial banking performance and trends through competitor analyses for all KCB Group business entities.
- Analyzing performance of investment banks and insurance business and tracking current trends within those industries
- Tracking regional / global regulation and legislation that impacts on the markets in which KCB invests.
- Support in development of econometric models to be used for forecasting to support strategy development and decision making.
- Provide administrative support on stakeholder management for the economic research function and regular clients and stakeholders interaction on macroeconomic trends in the region.
- Assist in preparation of the various economic reports to senior management and the various businesses within the group.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Finance or Business related from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years' work experience in business research, including in data analysis, report writing and business presentation. Experience in use of statistical tools or software e.g. advanced MS Excel, SPSS, STATA, R, Eviews, etc. is required; certification would be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now