Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a State Corporation established through the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which has since been amended to Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013. The 1979 Act established KEMRI as a National body responsible for carrying out health research in Kenya.
Vacancy No. CRDR/06/09/23
- Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems
- DBMS Skills (Data Cleaning/Query resolutions, and normalization).
- At least three years’ experience working in a clinical trial or research setting or Equivalent
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective written communication skills, including project reporting, including using
- MS Word, Power point, and MS Excel
- Works professionally and ethically with competence, accountability, and integrity
- GCP Certificate
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure daily data cleaning and uploading of relevant data
- Report to the data manger any technical challenges in a detailed manner so as to enable rapid reproduction and resolution
- Monitor data errors daily, investigate them, and provide a resolution report to the data manager.
- Provide technical support to the study team about anything related to data collection tools, data error corrections, etc.
- Assist the data manager and the larger study team with the data collection related Trainings.
Terms of Employment
- One (1) year renewable contract as per KEMRI scheme of service with a probation period for the first 3 months. Salary is as per the stated KEMRI scale.
Applications MUST include the following:
- Letter of Application (INDICATE VACANCY NUMBER)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with telephone number and e-mail address
- Contacts of three referees including telephone numbers and/or e-mail addresses
- Copies of Certificates.
- Telephone number
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to Apply to Deputy Director, CRDR, P.O. Box 47855-00100, Nairobi not later than October 12, 2023. All applications must be submitted through [email protected].
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now