InSupply Health, an affiliate of JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), is an independent, supply chain advisory firm based in East Africa that provides our clients with customized guidance on supply chain management and design.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take the lead in analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data and visualizing the same to communicate to different audiences. Playing a pivotal role in the intersection between implementation and learning by participating in both sets of activities to facilitate adaptive learning and rapid uptake of evolutionary or revolutionary innovations and activities
- Work under the direction and guidance of one or more Activity Managers, communicating proactively and effectively and coordinating varied tasks to execute duties and deliverables on time and with quality outputs.
- Collaborate with inSupply Health Limited and JSI team members, key partners, and county stakeholders to develop and implement project work plans.
- Provide technical and operational support in the implementation of supply chain improvement strategies, management approaches, and interventions at all implementation levels and for all clients and partners, traveling as and when needed.
- Support in data collection, regular data review, and analysis of project and program monitoring indicators and adaptive learning sessions. Demonstrate a data and result-curious mindset to continuously develop new or improve existing analytics to enhance data use and management for the inSupply Health Limited team and our clients and partners.
- Provide administrative support to the technical teams for workshops, training, and meetings.
- Participate in routine technical calls and meetings with the team. Proactively and regularly communicate and coordinate with team members on the progress of project activities and provide detailed notes of all key stakeholder meetings. Communicate and disseminate information and reports to relevant stakeholders regularly.
- Commit to a continuous learning model, building breadth and depth in technical skills relevant to inSupply Health business lines and service offerings.
- Apply creative approaches to partner and client engagement and support to help establish a customer/client-oriented reputation and brand, using a combination of travel and non-traditional, innovative communication methods to provide support and guidance.
- Serve as a representative of inSupply Health Limited, including participation in working groups and providing key linkage with partners on the ground to ensure support and sustainability. Give and attend debriefings and seminars as a project representative, participate in conferences, and report on key information to other project staff members.
- Provide support to new business development efforts and proposals through:
- Gathering, interpreting, and synthesizing relevant data.
- Investigating problems, finding root causes, and developing solutions
- Generating reports for internal and external partners
- Exploring and adapting visuals and analytics to support all projects
- Support documentation of processes, success stories, experiences, and sharing of lessons learned within the project and ensure their dissemination
- Support Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation (MLE) with a developmental evaluation approach to test and develop innovative supply chain solutions
- Demonstrate commitment to the inSupply Health Limited brand and progressively master skills and characteristics.
- Other duties as assigned.
About the role:
- inSupply is committed to supporting and fostering internal growth within the organization. As such the Analyst position is a stepping-stone to Senior Analyst and Advisor roles with support, mentorship and skill development provided for growth towards those roles.
- inSupply Health Limited is seeking a Kenyan candidate who is interested in growing with the organization, and is open to, and actively seeks regular and specific feedback about all aspects of professional and personal growth.
- The Data Analyst will be expected to commit to an implementation model that includes continuous self-assessment and improvement, both professionally and personally, and peer-to-peer learning and support, all using a variety of performance improvement techniques and a competency framework. Given that inSupply Health Limited is a young, start-up organization, our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, is passionate, energetic, and curious, and a flexible and adaptive thinker who is self-driven and self-managing, team-oriented and who seeks robust, creative solutions to problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, ICT, Public Health or health-related field required
- At least five years of work experience, with a minimum of two years working in health system strengthening
- Quantitative and analytical skills, including experience with mining, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data. Experience in using statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, R is highly desirable
- Data visualization skills using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and Advanced Excel is highly desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate varied tasks, work independently and manage work plan
- Ability to work as part of an internationally diverse team
- Ability to work comfortably in the MS Office package, Google suite, and other softwares and technology tools
- Experience in implementation Research with knowledge and skills in development and review of research protocol is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience working with health supply chains and/or monitoring, learning and evaluation highly desirable
- Prior experience working with Ministries of Health and/or County Health Management Teams highly desirable
- Experience in working with mobile health (mHealth) tools such as ODK, ona, Kobocollect, Survey CTO is an added advantage
- Ability to work with different projects under different funding mechanisms and diverse teams added advantage
- Ability to travel 40% to 50% time within the county and in Kenya, with occasional regional travel
The following skills are highly desirable:
- Experience in using GIS software such as ArcGIS, QGIS, Google Map
- Qualitative analysis skills and ability to use qualitative software such as Dedoose, Nvivo, Atlas ti
- Familiarity and skills with using Excel for analysis, statistical software, and/or data visualization software
- Experience in any of the following program areas: community health, family planning, maternal and child health, and immunization
- Experience in working with Health Information systems such as KHIS, DHIS2, eLMIS is an added advantage
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now