At the 2002 World Summit for Sustainable Development, then-Secretary of State Colin Powell announced the U.S. commitment to the Goals for Sustainable Development. One goal is to “reduce by half, the proportion of people without access to safe and affordable drinking water and sanitation” by the year 2015.
To help reach this goal, leading US-based non-governmental organizations working in water and sanitation formed the Millennium Water Alliance (MWA) as 501(c)(3) organization to offer sustainable solutions through advocacy, shared knowledge, and collaborative programming. Our vision mirrors our belief that no one should die or suffer chronic illness as the result of a water-related disease.
MWA now has nine implementing NGOs as full members (represented on the Board of Directors), and two organizations as affiliate members. All members must share in the mission and standards adopted by MWA, and demonstrate their commitment to water and sanitation programs that embody the values of transparency, accountability, efficiency, and sensitivity in all their work.
- The Data Analyst and Learning Officer will oversee a system for collecting, analysing, and managing DRIP FUNDI data within the program's life (18 months). The Officer will work closely with Virridy to disseminate information to the relevant stakeholders including Borehole Rapid and Response Teams (BRRTs) and Private sector partners. The position holder will also be tasked with simplifying complex information for users, documenting lessons learned and managing the program M&E system. The Officer will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation, Reporting and Learning Manager and will work closely with the Program Manager - DRIP FUNDI. The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to program sites.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
The Data Analyst and Learning Officer will provide the planning, decision making and implementation of the following functions:
- Establish processes and methods through which data is regularly accessed and analysed for rapid decision-making on borehole repairs.
- Prepare a data analysis plan in collaboration with the program team.
- Carry out data cleaning including but not limited to merging data whenever necessary.
- Work with Virridy and the program team in data extraction, analysis, and interpretation from Virridy dashboard for use by program teams, private sector, and borehole rapid response teams.
- Support the development and set up of data quality assurance processes, testing and rollout.
- Management of data reporting cycle by generating internal data reporting calendar, data collection process, data analysis and data sharing/dissemination.
- Managing the M&E system includes completing the indicator reference sheet, updating of the log frame against the indicator targets and capacity building of staff on the system.
- Produce regular quality assurance reports for identification of gaps.
- Support in developing training material and delivering training for county staff assigned to the program on data and analytics and other related topics.
- Create visualizations and automated reports to measure, monitor and report on key metrics.
- Help to identify, analyse, and synthesize lessons learned from program implementation and facilitate the incorporation of those lessons into the activity development cycle.
- Identify learning and data collection for the purpose of producing learning products such as articles, research papers and other products.
- Organize learning sessions for internal and external audiences by organizing reflection meetings, webinars, and dissemination workshops.
- Attending relevant internal/external meetings where required.
- Any other duties assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Statistics, Computer science, Public Health, Social sciences, or any other equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in data analysis and database management functions in private or development sector settings; at least 2-3 years of field/in-country experience in any Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning function.
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative analysis for evaluations is desirable.
- Knowledge/experience in at least two databases and/or analysis tools (Advanced Excel, R, STATA etc.)
- Experience with data visualization is desirable.
- Experience or knowledge of water supply systems in ASALs will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of carbon markets and the requisite certifications will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to listen, communicate and work in a team.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Strong and concise report-writing skills are required.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft 365.
- Strong analytical skills: ability to create simple to complex analytical solutions.
- Ability to adjust to changing work environments, priorities, and goals.
- Fast learner: We are looking for someone who thrives on learning new technologies.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit applications via email to [email protected] with the email subject as Data Analyst and Learning Officer – DRIP FUNDI by 3rd October 2023. The application should include a cover letter and a detailed CV with three references. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now