The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. The Urban Economy Branch of UN-Habitat has the mandate to promote local capabilities of local governments to develop financial instruments to keep pace with the demands of rapid urbanization. The Urban Economy Branch has the mandate to promote plans and provide support for more efficient, socially inclusive, better integrated and connected cities that foster sustainable urban development.
- The Data Analysis Assistant carries ou this/her functions under the direct supervision of the Programme Management Officer, Planning Finance and Economy Section, Urban Practices Branch. The Urban Practices Branch supports countries in developing urban planning methods and systems that address current urbanization challenges. It promotes urban planning approaches to address rapid urban growth and urban transformation processes in countries with rapid urbanization and where cities face a backlog of services and housing.
Responsibilities: Within delegated authority, Data Analysis Assistants will be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic and may not be carried by all Data Analysis Assistants.)
- Assists with maintaining an inventory of organizational needs and requirements, and assists with reports and communication
- Assists with process improvement mechanisms
- Assists with data acquisition and data cleansing
- Assists in maintaining databases, with data collection efforts, create statistics
- Assists with the identification and analysis of patterns in data using standard techniques
- Assists with the preparation of data sets and responds to queries; and maintains/updates web pages.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Academic Qualification: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Technical or vocational certificate in Data Analysis, Data Science or related learning credential is essential. Project Management certification in Prince2 or PMP is required
- Work Experience: At least 5 years of experience in data science, data analytics, applied mathematics, information management or related areas is required. Experience in Advance Excel and PowerPoint is required
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Deadline : Dec 8, 2023
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now