PwC - Biggest provider of audit, accounting and tax services to the companies listed in the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. Also provides internal audit, forensic audit, corporate finance, corporate governance services, sustainable assurance services and others.
What you will do:
As a Technical Strategy Consultant, you will partner and work with a Tech Lead and Management team to drive the strategic engagements in the Technology consulting space, also participate in strategic projects across a range of topics that are short-term and high impact as assigned by the Partner that will require agility and speed in delivery. These projects will vary across industries and subjects, from future-looking technology trends, tactical organizational assessments and enterprise-wide architecture. Working on our client’s strategic direction, you will directly contribute to shape the transformation of our client’s business by applying technology frameworks and principles to analyze our clients’ strategic challenges, solving complex problems, and helping them realize their business strategy through the right use of new technologies.
Technology Strategy Consultants typically complete the following
- Deliver efficient, timely, and reliable service to support business partners and the Technology Consulting team, and have the ability to prioritize and think critically on tight deadlines.
- Managing deliverables with self-direction and a commitment to quality.
- Build knowledge of, and research the current IT environment and industry IT trends to evolve the Technology Consulting Strategy as and when needed.
- Support execution of key projects, including engaging in proposal writing, workshop facilitation sessions and proposal documentation for our clients.
- Create detailed target state technical, architecture designs incorporating modern technologies demonstrating value proposition for clients.
- Conduct full technical discovery, identifying pain points, business, and technical requirements, “as is” and “to be” scenarios.
- Apply methodology, reusable assets, and previous work experience to deliver consistently high-quality work.
- Stay educated on new and emerging technologies/patterns/methodologies and market offerings that may be of interest to our Clients.
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Can do attitude.
- Innovative and interested in learning new technologies.
- Cope well under tight deadlines and work well under stress.
- Strategic and big picture thinking.
EXPERIENCE KEY KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree that has given you an opportunity to grow your problem-solving skills (Computer Science, Informatics, BSc IT, BSc Eng., BEng or relevant technology discipline).
- Certifications in TOGAF, Project Management or relevant technologies are a plus.
- Business Analysis diploma is a plus.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Relevant experience includes, but not limited to Technology-related consulting, Strategy planning and execution, Business Analysis, Architecture.
- Must have a technology background and experience in supporting and communicating with executive leaders and an ability to translate complex technical information into understandable content for the right audience (e.g., corporate executives, business partners, technical clients etc)
- Strong understanding of information technology topics, as well as general business concepts and terminologies.
- Ability to write about technical topics in a simple and clear manner applicable to a variety of audiences.
- Must be able to comprehend, analyze and interpret documents with the ability to note critical takeaways.
- Knowledge on latest technology advancements (in a certain technology area and/or industry) based on previous experience and interest in the latest innovations.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats, with senior executive-level leaders.
- Works independently while keeping management informed.
- Ability to elicit requirements in order to document client’s requirements and needs.
Method of Application
Signup to view application details. Signup Now